Sunday, November 4, 2012

For Mike Pachla


Wow, my apologies for letting this blog fall by the wayside for as long as it has.  Pachla, you’ve been requesting an update so while I watch the Lions dismantle the Jags, here goes nothing.

The NBA is underway and the Pistons are winless.  My only hope for them this year is they play Drummond, Singler and English early and often.  See what you have in your youth.  The combo of Greg “The Moose” Monroe and Brandon Knight are the future.  Gone are the days of exceptional defense from Tayshaun Prince and whatever anyone thought Stuckey would bring to the table.  Anyone else on the roster not in their first or second year is just adding to the dumpster fire the Pistons team is.  The playoffs are a (slim) possibility. I’ve told enough of my friends (@ddiggy209, @chaps07 and Pachla) that I do believe they sneak in as a 7-8 seed.

Lions have crawled back to .500 with a win against the lowly Jags.  A trap game? Yes. A game that was a must win?  Definitely.  They’ll need some help the rest of the way if the Leo’s want to make it back to the playoffs this year.  I still think they’ll fall well short of the season expectations.  Their drafting has been shotty the past couple of years and they don’t have a real dependable defense.  But a win is a win and getting back to .500 is impressive as they head into the meat of their schedule. 

Now normally I don’t comment on my Alma Mater but since I do reside in the 989, let me comment on the Mighty Chips of Mt. Pleasant.  The chips dropped another rivalry game against Western yesterday.  They squandered a 9 point lead to lose 42-31 in a game they fumbled away.  Now I’m not a coach or claim to be but I tell ya, the play calling for the Chippewas is an embarrassment.  Enos hasn’t worked out as the successor for Butch Jones and the steep drop off from the LeFevour era has really crippled this program.  I don’t believe it’ll be another 3-9 year, mainly because 2 of our last 3 games are against team with a combined total of 1 win.  Sure, there may be some improvement record wise, but it’s not the Chippewa football I or my friends from CMU are used to seeing.

A bit of a housekeeping note, I forgot/lost my account info for @sportsinthe313 so please check out @ajcoopdeville for the latest and greatest. Until then, Cooper out.   



1 comment: